As Fresno County's unemployment rate tops 17 percent, it is next to impossible
for young people to compete in today's tough job market.
"We wanted to give back to the community, helping out our youth so they can experience what it's like to
work. Youth are very ambitious; they take the work on and seem very happy to do it!" - City of Clovis
"As a former youth participant, the program made an impact on my life and helped me to
decide on the career I have today." - Parlier Migrant Child Care Center
"It has been encouraging to see the young men and women grow and realize that they
have options and can achieve their goals." - Fresno County Public Defender's Office
"It has opened their eyes to what a professional position is and what educational
skills are needed to compete in the work place." - State Farm
Becoming a Business Partner Simply Means
- Developing and inspiring the future leaders and workforce of Fresno County.
- Mentoring youth and providing training and constructive feedback in a safe and supervised work environment.
- Introducing youth to careers in industries that will spark their interest.
- Teaching basic work expectations such as the importance of being on time, asking for guidance and taking direction.
Sign-Up Your Business Today!
The FRWIB provides paid work experience for youth between the ages of 14-21. We are seeking businesses and organizations that will provide:
- A well supervised and safe work environment where youth can learn the importance of developing a strong work ethic and a constructive path to productive future employment.
By working together, we can meet our goal of ensuring that every youth has a successful placement and every worksite has a great experience.
Go Ahead! Invest in Fresno County Youth!